I’ve always been curious about Madeleines and were browsing through recipes when I came across one that enables me to alter it to be more low-carb. But since Madeleines are traditionally made in their own mold and that I didn’t have one, I had to make one myself.
I covered a standard muffin tray with aluminium and made small indents in them, so that Madeleines can bake properly. If you have a muffin top tray that ill work perfectly.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoon flour (to make this more Keto friendly, you can put 1/2 cup more almond flour)
- 1 lemon’s zest
- 1 pinch baking soda or powder
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey (to make it Keto friendly, 2 tablespoons of Splenda will work)
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix the drys in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs with a whisker until they are fluffy and light-colored, add the rest of the wets together. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. Put the batter in the baking pan equally and bake for 10 mins at 190°C. Take them out after you test one with a toothpick and comes out dry. Let them cool for a bit and enjoy.
I used lavender from our garden and it gave a nice flavor without overpowering the cookies. I’m telling you the same advice I read from somewhere: Always make extra batches, Madeleines are consumed really fast. Enjoy.