I’ve been trying some almond flour recipes lately, I can’t say I found one that is perfection but this is a good one to try when you’re bored at home. That’s how I came up with it. I didn’t have many ingredients at home, so I made do with the ones I had.
- 1+1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup toasted, coconut flakes + as much as you like to cover the tops
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sparkling water (Don’t mix with the wets, add when everything is mixed together.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Smallest amount of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 small pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
This is quick too, just mix the wets and drys separately. One trick is to whisk the egg until it’s a very light color before adding the other wets together.
Add the wets to the drys. Add the sparkling water. If the mixture is not liquidity enough add some more coconut milk. You can add up to 4-5 tablespoons.
Line the muffin pan with muffin cups and pour the mixture. I put some more coconuts flakes at the top to have add a different level of crunch to the crunchy texture of the walnuts inside..
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, for 10-12 minutes.
It was so much lighter than I expected. Coconut milk took away the usual intensity of the almond flour. Enjoy.
- Almond flour cookies: a tasty alternative (healthierdaily.wordpress.com)
- Almond Flour Spiced Carrot Muffins (nourishmentforlivingwell.com)
- Almond Flour Carrot Cakes (cansuskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Lemon and Lavender Madeleines with Almond Flour (cansuskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Almond Flour Cherry and Lemon Zest Biscuits (cansuskitchen.wordpress.com)